[vbox-dev] Building the guest additions ISO

S. Brandt sbrandt at gmx.de
Thu Oct 1 11:28:01 GMT 2009

John Whitley schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for instructions on either building the guest additions ISO
> from the SVN tree, or otherwise extracting the guest additions code in a
> form I can package as an ISO manually.  I note that the ISO wasn't
> produced by the standard build, and the additions* targets apparently
> rely on private servers.  I'm working on adding symlink support to
> shared folders and will need to be able to test guest-side changes.
Hi!
The installation and iso creating scripts are not part of the OSE source
distribution. For the windows stuff, there is
http://code.google.com/p/virtual-box-windows-guest-additions-installer/,
but you are obviously trying to create a linux-based installer ... or OSX?

Many Linux distributions package vbox OSE GA, or at least someone
releases packages, opensuse build service etc. I'd start there, even
though it is no iso.

Yours,
Sebastian