[vbox-dev] [FreeBSD] Request for help

Martin Wilke miwi at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 15 12:40:59 GMT 2009

First of all many thanks for all your effort to get Vbox to work on FreeBSD.
You know few weeks ago we started the work on a Port for FreeBSD,
Bernhard made a lot of patches that has already been included in the Vbox
svn repo. Yesterday we Called the first  public testing for the vbox
port on our FreeBSD Mailinglists [1]. We got a lot of feedback and we have
found a lot problems on FreeBSD AMD64.

I'd like to ask you whether you could help with a few problems,
which we really do not understand.

First report is the following:
  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2009-May/054562.html

I can reproduce this locally but I can't see where exact the problem is.
The debug output isn't really helpful here. Maybe someone of you guys
has a good idea?

Next Problem is:
 http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2009-May/054557.html

  kldload: unexpected relocation type 10

  Failed to start the virtual machine FreeBSD.
  Failed to load VMMR0.r0 (VERR_SYMBOL_VALUE_TOO_BIG).
  Unknown error creating VM (VERR_SYMBOL_VALUE_TOO_BIG).

  Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
  Component: Console
  Interface: IConsole {a7f17a42-5b64-488d-977b-4b2c639ada27}

This problem seems to be only present in AMD64 on HEAD.

KSE Removal:
 Here gives the problems with your binarys:
   http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2009-May/054556.html
   http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2009-May/054560.html

We can switch to our devel/kbuild port. This would fix the problem, but
i guess that's not what do you want.

Thanks Martin

[1]
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2009-May/054554.html

- --

|  PGP    : 0xB1E6FCE9  |  Jabber : miwi(at)BSDCrew.de  |
|  ICQ    : 169139903   |  Mail   : miwi(at)FreeBSD.org |
|	Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest!		|