[vbox-dev] 3D acceleration on a Windows Vista guest?

walt w41ter at gmail.com
Thu May 7 00:03:40 GMT 2009

Hi,

I'm running the latest ose vbox svn code on an amd64 linux host, running
a 32-bit Windows Vista guest.

Even though the VirtualBox Session Information dialog box says that 3D
acceleration is enabled and using 128MB of video memory, Vista says no.
(When I try to run FreeCell solitaire it won't use 3D accel.)

Vista has GuestAdditions-2.2.2 installed and everything *but* the 3D
acceleration seems to be working properly.

Should this combination of software yield working 3D acceleration?

Thanks!

PS -- the Session Information dialog box say the guest additions
version 1.4 is installed, which was the previous version, not the
current version.  Vista correctly identifies the version as 2.2.2,
including the VirtualBox graphics driver v. 2.2.2