[vbox-dev] SUCCESS: VirtualBox on FreeBSD

Gustau Pérez gperez at entel.upc.edu
Wed May 6 06:48:06 GMT 2009

Bernhard Fröhlich wrote:
> Thanks to Alexander Eichner all vbox developers, Gustau Perez and Ulf
> Lilleengen - we got r19378 successfully build and started on FreeBSD
> current and 7.2 with some additional patches!

   Is it working in current ? Although it compiles and installs fine,
when I try to start a virtual machine
it starts and remains in grey. I'm only using a HD image, and iso
cdrom of freebsd and 128Mb of memory.

  The log seems quite fine, but I'm unable to make it work.

  In the other hand, if I close vbox and try to restart it again, it
complains about the kernel module.

        Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
        Component: Machine
        Interface: IMachine {4d1df26d-d9c1-4c7e-b689-15e85ecf8ffc}

  If time permits I'll try with in stable.

   Any hints ? Do you want the log ?

   Gus