[vbox-dev] Fwd: QT GUI Snapshot Functionality renamed

Johannes Rudolph jojo.rudolph at googlemail.com
Sat May 2 12:51:32 GMT 2009

Hi all,

Disclaimer: This is my first contribution to VirtualBox, so please be so
kind to notice me if im doing something horribly wrong :-)

I find button naming in QT GUI for the Snapshot functionality is confusing.
"Discard Snapshot" *is *discarding the Snapshot, however it does so by *merging
*it with the parent. This behaviour clearly is not described in the current
description. As also suggested in this blog post
http://srackham.wordpress.com/cloning-and-copying-virtualbox-virtual-machines/
i therefore renamed the button to "Merge with Parent".

I also adapted the German translation accordingly, as its my native
language.

It would also be nescessary to introduce a new button icon for this, however
i'd first like to ask if this patch is likely to be approved. Im afraid i
couldnt submit a correct svn patch, but i do currently do not have access to
a subversion installation. The to files attached reside in:
trunk/src/VBox/Frontends/VirtualBox/nls/
trunk/src/VBox/Frontends/VirtualBox/src/

respectively.

Everything i submitted is subject to MIT License.

Would someone please be so kind to provide some feedback about my
suggestion?

Kind Regards,
Johannes Rudolph