[vbox-dev] Linux Build dependency: IASL not found

William Immendorf will.immendorf at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 18:17:15 GMT 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 11:17 AM, sumeet gandhare
<sumeetgandhare at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to build VBox on RHEL 5.2. On doing configure , I get an error
> saying IASL not found. Please could you let me know where will I get the
> Intel ACPI compiler.
You're looking for IASL? To find it, go to
http://www.acpica.org/downloads/unix_source_code.php and accept the
license agrement there to get the latest source code for IASL and a
few other useful apps.

To compile it, run these commands:

{{{
cd compiler &&
make &&
cd ../tools/acpisrc &&
make &&
cd ../acpixtract &&
make &&
cd ../acpiexec &&
make &&
cd ../../
}}}

Then, as the root user:

{{{
install -m755 -v compiler/iasl /usr/bin &&
install -m755 -v
tools/{acpisrc/acpisrc,acpixtract/acpixtract,acpiexec/acpiexec}
/usr/bin
}}}

And now you have IASL and some other useful apps.

William