[vbox-dev] More one building

Frank Mehnert Frank.Mehnert at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 5 12:15:03 GMT 2009

Sergiy,

which OSE version are you using? 2.1.4 or SVN head?

On Thursday 05 March 2009, Sergiy Byelozyorov wrote:
> I edited configure.vbs manually, so it accepts version 4.4.3 (simply
> changed template from 3.* to 4.*) and tried to build it with Qt 4.4.3, but
> build process failed. Looks like it searches for files that existed in Qt
> 3, but were removed in Qt 4. I attach configure.log and edited
> configure.vbs if they may be helpful.

Please use the latest configure.vbs from the subversion repository.
We added the switch --with-qt4 recently.

> I should admit that build-script for Windows OS is quite old and
> deprecated. I wish I could work under Linux, however I am not comfortable
> with Linux development tools. I prefer Visual Studio which is available
> only under Windows. Is there anyone, who is developing under Windows too?
> There should be someone, otherwise, how do you maintain product
> compatibility with Windows? Please tell me your about experience of
> building VBox under Windows.

The reason that configure.vbs is a bit outdated is that we don't use
this script when building VirtualBox as we are using packages required
for building which are not available for the public world. We've started
to fix problems we get aware of, so try the updated script and tell us
if you have further problems.

Kind regards,

Frank
--