[vbox-dev] failed to set self TLS... Has anyone ever seen this log?

Sander van Leeuwen Sander.Vanleeuwen at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 5 09:23:35 GMT 2009

You probably didn't initialize the runtime in your frontend. Use
RTR3Init() or RTR3InitAndSUPLib() as the other frontends.

Jack Han wrote:
> Has anyone ever seen this log? I want to make my own frontend.
> But it cracked after call pProgress->WaitForCompletion( -1 ) in my win
> xp sp3.
> Found a log file in my directory:
>
> Log created: 2009-03-05T08:58:19.640625000Z
> Executable: VBox
> Commandline: "f:\VBoxGdi\Debug\VBoxGdi.exe"
> !!Assertion Failed!!
> Expression: <NULL>
> Location  :
> C:\vbox\branch\w32-2.1\src\VBox\Runtime\r3\win\thread-win.cpp(104)
> rtThreadNativeMain
> failed to set self TLS. lasterr=0 thread 'MainHGCMthread'
>

> Anyone knows what's happened here?

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Met vriendelijke groet

--

Sun Microsystems GmbH        Sander van Leeuwen
Werkstrasse 24               Senior Staff Engineer, VirtualBox
71384 Weinstadt, Germany     mailto:Sander.Vanleeuwen at sun.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH,
Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder,
Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boehmer