[vbox-dev] Audio mixer on host for multiple virtual machines

mark browser marsbrowser at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 27 01:39:01 GMT 2009

Hello,

thank you for your reply and sorry for distracting this list, but I couldn't find any information regarding this issue. I'm not sure if you got me right, so here is the original message I wrote:

-----
I am looking for a host audio mixing solution when running multiple VMs.
The audio works in all VM's but only one at a time. (Tested with all win-x86 vbox versions upto 2.2)
This topic is also discussed here: http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8420

I am not sure weather this is a bug or just a missing feature. I would appreciate any developer comments on this.
-----

 - both host and multiple running guests are windows machines and the sound only works in the vm which has focus.

- The "Host Driver" option for the vm's is set to Windows DirectSound, which should have mixing support imho.

If I got you right, installing pulseaudio on the windows host will give you another "Host Driver" option for the vm's and resolves that issue?

mark