[vbox-dev] Build issues

Knut St. Osmundsen bird at sun.com
Wed Jun 24 14:54:27 GMT 2009

Hi Suren.

Suren R Gundumalla wrote:
> Thanks Frank. I disabled webservices support but i still get errors like
> below:
>
> kmk.exe[2]: *** No rule to make target `C:/Program', needed by
> `C:/VirtualBox-2.2.4_OSE/out/win.x86/release/obj/VirtualBox/VirtualBox.exe'.
>  Stop.
>
> I don't even get a clue ?

This sounds very much like there is a file/directory name specified with
spaces somewhere. It could be in AutoConfig.kmk, LocalConfig.kmk or in
some dependency file. Please check the two config files for anything
like "C:/Program Files/whatever" and if you don't find anything, nuke
the output directory ("out").

--

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Vennlig hilsen,
  Knut

--

Sun Microsystems GmbH        Knut St. Osmundsen
Werkstrasse 24               Senior Staff Engineer, VirtualBox
71384 Weinstadt, Germany     mailto:bird at sun.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH,
Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder,
Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel