[vbox-dev] critical error at startup VirtualBox OSE svn r21049

Frank Mehnert Frank.Mehnert at Sun.COM
Wed Jul 1 20:46:49 GMT 2009

Antonio,

On Tuesday 30 June 2009, Antonio Doldo wrote:
> today I have compiled the  svn r21049 debian package, but VirtualBox
> exit with a crtical error:

Well, this particular changeset cannot be responsible for your
problem.

> Fallimento nella creazione dell'oggetto COM VirtualBox.
> L'applicazione verrà ora chiusa.
> Method GetUSBController is not implemented.
>

> Codice&nbspd'uscita:
> NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED (0x80004001)
> Componente:
> Machine
> Interfaccia:
> IMachine {4d1df26d-d9c1-4c7e-b689-15e85ecf8ffc}
> RC Chiamante:
> NS_ERROR_NO_INTERFACE (0x80004002)
>
> there are not other logs in .Virtualbox directory.
> I also probe to rename .VirtualBox and start with a recompiled vboxdrv
> module, but the problem remain.

Doesn't make much sense to me. Please try a later build.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert    Sun Microsystems, Inc.    www.sun.com