[vbox-dev] OSE win32 guest additions 3.0.0 - .inf files for D3D?

Antonio Augusto (Mancha) mkhaos7 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 14:45:48 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 11:36, Leonid<leonid.lobachev at sun.com> wrote:
> Your installer needs to do the following on the guest:
> copy %system32%/d3d{89}.dll to %system32%/msd3d{89}.dll
> copy vbox's d3d{89}.dll over %system32%/d3d{89}.dll
> copy vboxd3d{89}.dll to %system32%/vboxd3d{89}.dll
> and copy vboxogl*.dll there as well.
> Note, on win2k/xp systems you have to go to safe mode else WFP will restore the
> files.
> On windows vista you have to be running under administrative account, then take
> ovnership of the d3d{9}.dll, then change permissions to allow modification and
> only then overwrite the files.

I Supose the safe mode requirement is also present on the PUEL version right?
Thats why my XP install doesn't seen to keep the vbox version of the
files after a reboot.

Is this noted somewhere on the install? I was doing a "next, next,
finish" kind of install, so I didn't read much of the info on the
screen :)

Cheers