[vbox-dev] Windows 2003 sp1 checked build not working in vbox

Sander van Leeuwen Sander.Vanleeuwen at Sun.COM
Sun Jan 25 11:01:54 GMT 2009

If you don't attach a kernel debugger to checked builds, you'll never
get very far.One of the drivers triggers an assertion as can be seen
from the bug check message.

Huihong Luo wrote:
> I tried a few times install Windows 2003 sp1 Enterprise Checked build
> into vbox, but it failed during installation. BSOD of bugcheck code of
> 7E appeared after 1st reboot during installation.
>
> Technical information:
> *** STOP: 0x0000007E (0x80000003, 0x81158CC1, 0xF8891D68, 0xF8891A64)
>
> I tried the lastest version and a prior version of vbox, all failed.
>
> You can download the OS from Microsoft MSDN subscriber download area:

> iso file: en_windows_server_2003_with_sp1_enterprise_chk.iso
>
> I tried other debug builds, 2003R2/Vista/Windows7 etc., all works fine.
>
> Huihong Luo

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Met vriendelijke groet

--

Sun Microsystems GmbH        Sander van Leeuwen
Werkstrasse 24               Senior Staff Engineer, VirtualBox
71384 Weinstadt, Germany     mailto:Sander.Vanleeuwen at sun.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH,
Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder,
Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boehmer