[vbox-dev] need help with VirtualBox built from source - cant start vm

Eric van Tassell evt at texelsoft.com
Sat Feb 28 23:54:37 GMT 2009

I'm have "issues" starting a vm with VirtualBox built from source from
VirtualBox-2.1.4-OSE.tar.bz2 or a tree pulled
from svn on 02/26 revision 17173.

In either case I get
    "failed to open a session for virtual machine vistaVtx
    Virtual machine 'vistaVtx' has terminated unexpectedly during startup

    Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
    Component: Machine
    Interface: IMachine {ea6fb7ea-1993-4642-b113-f29eb39e0df0}

this machine starts fine if I point to the installation of the prebuild
2.1.4 bits and not my build from source.

If it's not obvious what I've done wrong, can someone suggest an
efficient way to track down the issue?

--
- evt

Eric van Tassell