[vbox-dev] Unable to create a machine via the python bindings

Josh Wright jshwright at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 17:40:50 GMT 2009

Here's the traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./VBoxExporter.py", line 164, in <module>
    main()
  File "./VBoxExporter.py", line 154, in main
    import_vm(vbox, vm_name, vm_settings)
  File "./VBoxExporter.py", line 113, in import_vm
    vm = vbox.createMachine('WinXP2', 'WindowsXP', '', '')
  File "<XPCOMObject method 'createMachine'>", line 3, in createMachine
xpcom.Exception: 0x80070057 (Error 87 in module 8130)

Context code is certainly available if it would be helpful, but it's
really just that line that's failing.

Obviously the vm name and osTypeId aren't usually hard-coded like
that, I just wanted to make sure nothing weird was happening with the
variables.

I know the vbox object is valid, since I poll some information from it
just before this failure (looking for duplicate VM names)

~JW