[vbox-dev] i18n: Leaving out incomplete translations

Alexey Eremenko al4321 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 15:35:53 GMT 2009

Hi All !

The VirtualBox GUI now has many translations, however the quality of
many of those is poor.

I think more correct would be to ship only the complete translations
as part of the product, while all others should not be built/shipped
by default.

A side effect of such a move would (hopefully) be more active
community maintainers, whom finish the work they begin and update
translations for every major VBox version.

Another topic is non-translated documentation, but I have no solution
for this one currently, as fixing it would require major effort. The
only product I know that excels here is Connectix Virtual PC 5.1 which
was available in 6 languages, including full documentation.

--
-"Technologov"