[vbox-dev] Size optimizations of multi-arch Windows distribution of VirtualBox

Andreas - Sun Microsystems pentagonik at sun.com
Thu Dec 17 12:02:10 GMT 2009

Hi Alexey,

as you already correctly noticed, we're now shipping both, 32- and
64-bit executables/modules, with the Windows installer. This provides
maximum compatibility on these platforms. Files which can be the same on
both platforms (like documentation) are only stored once
of course. There's maybe room for some small tweaks here and there to
squeeze out a few KB (like NLS support + typelib), but it's not on top
of our priority list at the moment.

-Andreas.