[vbox-dev] License-Question

Thomas Trepper thomas.trepper at blueclaim.com
Sat Dec 12 09:05:56 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I am developing a webbased administration-gui, which uses the
vboxwebsrv. I want to bundle a war file, but I do not know, if I am in
law with the licenses.
I have in my web-inf/lib:

commons-beanutils-1.7.0
commons-collections-3.1
commons-digester-1.8.1
commons-logging-1.0.4
jsf-api-1.2_13-b01
jsf-impl-2.1_13-b01
jstl-api-1.2
jstl-impl-1.2
richfaces-api-3.3.1.GA
richfaces-impl-3.3.1.GA
richfaces-ui-3.3.1.GA
vboxws_java16 (from vBox-SDK)

and the licenses are as follows:

commons-beanutils:     Apache-License 2.0
commons-collections:  Apache-License 2.0
commons-digester:      Apache-License 2.0
commons-logging:       Apache-License 2.0
jsf-api-1.2:                  CDDL + GPL
jsf-impl-1.2:                CDDL + GPL
jstl:                             Apache-License 2.0
richfaces-api:              LGPL
richfaces-impl:            LGPL
richfaces-ui:                LGPL
vboxws_java16:         LGPL

Am I allowed to bundle these libs inside the war-file and distribute it
via internet? (Is there a difference between the distribution as
open-source, war-only or commercially?)

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Thomas