[vbox-dev] Announce: VirtualBox 2.2.0 released!

Frank Mehnert Frank.Mehnert at Sun.COM
Thu Apr 9 13:23:01 GMT 2009

On Thursday 09 April 2009, Frank Mehnert wrote:
> On Thursday 09 April 2009, Robin Green wrote:
> > http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Mac%20OS%20X%20build%20instructions is not
> > up to date - I get this error message when trying to configure VirtualBox
> > 2.2.0_OSE:
> > Checking for environment: Determined build machine: darwin.x86, target
> > machine: darwin.x86, OK.
> > Checking for kBuild: found, OK.
> > Checking for gcc: found version 4.0.1, OK.
> > Checking for libIDL: found version 0.8.12, OK.
> > Checking for SDL: found version 1.2.13, OK.
> > Checking for X libraries: found, OK.
> > Checking for Xcursor: found, OK.
> > Checking for Xmu: found, OK.
> > Checking for Mesa / GLU:
> >   Mesa not found at -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -L/usr/local/lib
> > -lXext -lX11 -lGL -I/usr/local/include or Mesa headers not found
> >   Check the file
> > /Users/greenrd/Downloads/VirtualBox-2.2.0_OSE/configure.log for detailed
> > error information.
> >
> > port install mesa did not help, because it's not looking in the right
> > place to find the mesa from MacPorts.
> >
> > Can someone please update the instructions on the wiki?
>
> Pleas try to comment out that test in configure. That test was
> not tested on Mac OS X.

During compilation you might need to adapt the path to OpenGL.framework
in

  src/VBox/HostServices/SharedOpenGL/Makefile.kmk

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert    Sun Microsystems    http://www.sun.com/