[vbox-dev] Qt3-nls installation broken

Heinz Wiesinger pprkut at liwjatan.at
Mon Sep 15 16:28:34 GMT 2008

Hi!

I'm packager of virtualbox-ose for Slackware and ran into some troubles
regarding the qt3 interface in VirtualBox-2.0.2. First, yes I know that it's
pretty much obsoleted by the qt4 gui, but as qt4 is not yet officially
available in Slackware, I want to keep the qt3 gui as an option for the user
as long as possible.
The problem with 2.0.2 (and trunk) is, that although VirtualBox3 builds fine,
the nls3 directory is not created and the *.qm files are not being installed,
which leads to an error message raised at startup of VirtualBox3.
I think I tracked the problem down to Revision 12258, but I'm not sure.
Any help with this is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Grs,
Heinz