[vbox-dev] build problems
Klaus.Espenlaub at Sun.COM
Thu Oct 9 11:42:13 PDT 2008
Sorry that you apparently didn't understand the polite statements made
by VirtualBox developers so far. I will say a few things as directly and
clearly as I can:
1. You are wasting VirtualBox developer time.
2. VirtualBox is not and was never working on FreeBSD.
3. VirtualBox is not in the FreeBSD ports list. The reason is in
4. There is no documentation how to build VirtualBox on FreeBSD
because it doesn't build and even if it would it wouldn't work.
The reason is in item 2, and the following item 5.
5. We will help people capable of addressing the real problem with
getting VirtualBox on FreeBSD off the ground - the kernel driver.
6. Everything else is totally unimportant until item 5 has been
at least partially done.
7. Your approach to "fixing" VirtualBox will only get you into
the mail blacklists of every VirtualBox developer. The reason is
in item 5.
This is pretty much all that can be said on this issue, and I will
ignore further discussions ín this context except if they promise to
address item 5.
More information about the vbox-dev