[vbox-dev] Klaus & Walt

Desmond Chapman que_deseja at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 13:47:50 GMT 2008

Thank you for directly telling me the situation for the freebsd port status of virtual box.
1) I appreciate the time and patches from the developers so far.
2) Since I have started basic documentation on this port, I will continue to do so. This may help others in the build process. It also should be added to the build process documentation. This will help others from making the same build mistakes and will help the developers.
3) I am going to try importing linux headers. I will post the results or mail them directly to certain peoples  the list.
4) An attempt to start a port/project may get others interested.
5) Number three will be the first approach to kernel headers on FreeBSD.
6) All of the above plus what code and option changes are needed for each port.
7) Since no one else wants reponsibility for this port, I'll take it until a better programmer comes along. I may be unconventional but what information I have posted does directly relate to and is the most agressive attempt to solve the problem.

Anyone on the list who wants to send me documentation or build problems with this attempted port is free to email me.

Again, thank you for the direct answer. It shows respect and maturity.