[vbox-dev] linux emulation

Desmond Chapman que_deseja at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 07:30:28 GMT 2008

I don't know if anyone else is trying; but, I am attempting a Linux installation of virtualbox on FreeBSD amd64.

Here is the output first:
"sh Desktop/VirtualBox-1.6.0-Linux_amd64.run
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing VirtualBox for Linux installation........
VirtualBox Version 1.6.0 (Wed Apr 30 22:37:39 CEST 2008) installation
Please install GNU make.
Please install the build and header files for your current Linux kernel.
The current kernel version is 7.0-RELEASE
Problems were found which would prevent VirtualBox from installing.
Please correct these problems and try again."

Okay. Do I need to brandelf this binary?

Where are the headers for fc4 or kernel 2.4.x?

kBuild is still broken. I've asked the maintainer to re-implement it along with a warning. It's needed to build virtualbox.