[vbox-dev] outputs after bash

nolan de souza nolandsouza at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 11:04:06 GMT 2008

Desmond,

Ok. You are not supposed to source the "Config.kmk" file.
After "./configure" generates a env.sh for you, that you have sourced in a
bash shell, you can simply do a "kmk" at the prompt.

Your build will start then and you will encounter some errors. I'll try and
send a patch accross to resolve some FreeBSD build problems. Need some time
to work on it.

Thanks.
- Nolan.

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 11:44 PM, Desmond Chapman <que_deseja at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  # echo $SHELL
> /bin/csh
> # bash
> [root@ /usr/home/moleque/VirtualBox-2.0.0]# source ./env.sh
> [root@ /usr/home/moleque/VirtualBox-2.0.0]# source ./Config.kmk
> bash: VBOX_ROOT_CONFIG_KMK_INCLUDED: command not found
> bash: KBUILD_DO_AUTO_INSTALL: command not found
> bash: PASSES: command not found
> bash: filter-out: command not found
> bash: PASSES: command not found
> bash: DEFAULT_PASSES: command not found
> bash: KBUILD_BLD_TYPES: command not found
> bash: PATH_OUT: command not found
> bash: PATH_INS: command not found
> bash: ./Config.kmk: line 39: syntax error near unexpected token
> `$(KBUILD_TARGET),darwin'
> bash: ./Config.kmk: line 39: `ifeq ($(KBUILD_TARGET),darwin)'
> [root@ /usr/home/moleque/VirtualBox-2.0.0]#
>

> > Looks like env.sh has a #!/bin/bash as it's first line - you'll need
> > to either change that to #!/usr/local/bin/bash or symlink
> > /usr/local/bin/bash->/bin/bash to have the script find the correct
> > shell. The bash port installs to /usr/local/bin/bash on FreeBSD (and
> > bash is not in the base system). I recommend the symlink approach -
> > I've had better luck with that.
> >
> > Matt
> Okay that was done.
>
> > Desmond,
> > Are you trying to do a FreeBSD build?
> >
> > ./configure (in "sh" shell) generates env.sh for you, but env.sh must be
> > sourced in a "bash" shell for the export command to work.
> >
> > - Nolan.
> The above is the new output.  I'm trying to do a FreeBSD build but I'm
> willing to do a build for linux emulation.
>
> > vbox-dev at virtualbox.org
> >

> > End of vbox-dev Digest, Vol 24, Issue 5

nolan de souza, bangalore, mobile: +91 9886 44 6962.