[vbox-dev] Announce: VirtualBox 2.0.6 released!

Larry Riedel Larry at Riedel.org
Tue Nov 25 17:04:00 GMT 2008

> > Is there any way to know which revision in SVN is stable,
> > rather than an intermediate development snapshot?
>
> No. The SVN is for development, the OSE archive which is
> downloadable from our download page is the stable release.

I think the tacit assumption is that some revision
of the svn repository is used as the basis for what
gets released, and the question is what revision of
the repository is that.  If that assumption is wrong,
I guess a natural question would be of what /is/ the
svn repository used for development, if not what gets
released?  I would understand there may be changes made
to the codebase which is a snapshot of some revision of
the repository before that codebase is used to build the
release, but still there would be some revision of the
repository which represents the snapshot to which those
changes where made.

Larry