[vbox-dev] doubt regarding API support.

raghavan m raghavan.mit at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 06:28:45 GMT 2008

hi I am a newbie to Virtual box .  I am doing a project on Host Based
Intrusion detection based on hypervisor based introspection for virtual
machines.
Hypervisor based introspection is checking integrity of various kernel data
strcutures from outside the kernel thru APIs provided by hypervisor.
Is it possible with virtual box API to fetch  certain Kernel data structures
and files of the virtual machine ?
i would be running a process outside the hypervisor . This process must be
able to fetch content about a file or a kernel data structure of a guest
virtual OS running on hypervisor ... is it possible ?
Regards,
Raghavan