[vbox-dev] setup of module vboxdrv failed with svn 14276

Klaus Espenlaub Klaus.Espenlaub at Sun.COM
Thu Nov 20 18:23:53 GMT 2008

Antonio Doldo wrote:
> Hi all,
> I today compiled the svn 14276 release to substitute the previous 14234
> The command
>
> sudo /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup
>
> not compile the module and the last line of the vbox-install.log is:
>
> /etc/init.d/vboxdrv: 342:
> /usr/share/virtualbox/src/vboxnetflt/build_in_tmp: not found
>
> I return to previous version that work fine.

There's ongoing work in the network area on linux. This can cause
trouble like that. We just updated OSE, but no guarantees that it's
perfect now. This is development code, and it's not always perfect.