[vbox-dev] webservice and SOAPpy

Christian Smith - Sun Microsystems - Dublin Ireland Christian.Smith at Sun.COM
Fri May 9 09:39:10 GMT 2008

Hi Josh,

I have encountered that problem before.  Typically when authentication
fails the webservice returns a null string instead of a MOR.  How have
you configured authentication for the webservice?  To remove
authentication all together (for development only) execute:

VBoxManage setproperty websrvauthlibrary null

@Jakob, a bit harsh maybe?  There are in fact several mentions to
'virtualbox' in the python code if you bother to look.  As the issue
relates to webservice authentication I doubt guest OS's will have much
of an influence :-/

-Christian