[vbox-dev] Keeping up with Linus?

w41ter at gmail.com w41ter at gmail.com
Sun May 4 02:27:30 GMT 2008

On Sat, 3 May 2008, Larry Finger wrote:

> walt wrote:
> > I just tried building trunk against Linus' current kernel and
> > failed because NOPAGE_SIGBUS was just removed on 28 April.

> This has not been tested, but you might try adding the following at the
> beginning of src/VBox/Additions/linux/sharedfolders/regops.c:
>
> #ifndef NOPAGE_SIGBUS
> #define NOPAGE_SIGBUS VM_FAULT_SIGBUS
> #endif

I added that, and the same for NOPAGE_OOM, but there is more to go:

src/vbox/src/VBox/Additions/linux/sharedfolders/regops.c:386:
error: unknown field 'nopage' specified in initializer

The code in question is:
static struct vm_operations_struct sf_vma_ops = {
        .nopage = sf_reg_nopage
};

I can find the problem but I don't know enough to fix it :-/
Does this look hard to fix, or not so much?

(BTW, Linus's commit <3c18ddd> is the guilty one if you're bored :-)

Thanks!