[vbox-dev] TUN and TAP Documentation

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 17:22:09 GMT 2008

Sorry, Frank - Pavel muller is correct.
I struggled for 2 weeks and you and another one of your
colleagues even sent me nasty email.
The document fails to mention that if the tun/tap bridged
"host interface" is used, you will need to add firewall rules
to your host to FORWARD tap packets to your outbound
network interface, and to MASQUERADE the tap IP
address as the outbount IP address. This topic is NOT
discussed well at all - and without it, bridged networking
documention is crippled as far as most people (who are
NOT networking engineers) are concerned.