[vbox-dev] Fail to compil VBox on Solaris

Renaud renaud.manus at sun.com
Mon Mar 10 15:22:16 GMT 2008

Frank Mehnert <frank at ...> writes:

> On Monday 10 March 2008, Frank Mehnert wrote:
> > On Monday 10 March 2008, Renaud wrote:
> > > I seems that either the 'solaris' directory is missing from the trunk
> > > or the Additions/Makefile.kmk needs to be fixed. (this was working a few
> > > days ago...)
> >
> > The solaris directory was just added to our internal repository. Most
> > probably we will make this stuff available to the public in the next
> > few days. Until this, please edit the Makefile manually or build with
> >
> >   kmk VBOX_WITH_ADDITIONS_ISO.solaris.x86
> >
> > which is quite a bit annoying, though.
>
> Please try again now, I've synched the public repository a few minutes ago.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Frank

It compiles fine but then the driver fails to load due to a missing symbol

Mar 10 16:17:23 solaris-devx genunix: [ID 819705 kern.notice]
/platform/i86pc/kernel/drv/amd64/vboxdrv: undefined symbol
Mar 10 16:17:23 solaris-devx genunix: [ID 826211 kern.notice]  'RTMpGetMaxCpuId'
Mar 10 16:17:23 solaris-devx genunix: [ID 472681 kern.notice] WARNING: mod_load:
cannot load module 'vboxdrv'