[vbox-dev] bad linkage of x86_64 vbox

Frank Mehnert frank at innotek.de
Sat Mar 1 21:59:04 GMT 2008

First of all, please stop cross-posting.

On Saturday 01 March 2008, JD wrote:
> The X86_74 version of vbox I installed is linking with the wrong
> qt lib. All x86_64 linux'es install both the 32  bit and 64 bit
> versions of a library by default.
>
> The x86_64 version of vbox is choosing to link with the 32 bit
> version of the qt library in usr/lib/ instead of /usr/lib64/
> To wit:

Please could you post the output of

  ldd /usr/lib/virtualbox/VirtualBox

I've installed both versions (i386 and x86_64) of qt here and VirtualBox
links correctly against the 64-bit version.

> Furthermore, the rpm VirtualBox-1.5.6_28266_fedora7-1.x86_64.rpm
> gets installed into /usr/lib, instead of /usr/lib64.

Your observation is not complete. Some files are installed into
/usr/lib/virtualbox/, the shipped libraries are installed into
/usr/lib64.

Kind regards,

Frank
--