[vbox-dev] windows shared folders source code?

Huihong Luo huisinro at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 24 15:49:53 GMT 2008

Hi Klaus,

Thanks. It's great that you will put out the windows Shared Folders src code.

As for the performance, I didn't do thorough testing, but you can get an idea by doing this simple test:

share the whole host system drive, usually C:, then run notepad.exe

then launch map the shared drive in windows XP guest inside virtualbox, say, you map Z: to be pointing to the host c: drive. then launch notepad.exe by typing z:\windows\system32\notepad.exe

You will note that it's much slower compared to local notepad.

Thanks,

Huihong