[vbox-dev] windows shared folders source code?

Klaus Espenlaub Klaus.Espenlaub at Sun.COM
Mon Jun 23 14:16:53 GMT 2008

Huihong Luo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a windows kernel driver developer, and wanted to see if I can
> improve the windows shared folders addition. But when I looked at the
> open source, couldn't find the code? can anyone tell me where it is?

It's not part of the VirtualBox Open Source Edition. The reason is that
it's difficult to avoid using anything from the various Microsoft
development kits (samples, code snippets) when developing a filesystem.

Releasing it under GPL is out of question, and even other licensing will
be difficult (and involve lawyers).