[vbox-dev] VBox Device - Host Driver communication

Nicolay Vizovitin vizovitin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 08:51:07 GMT 2008

Hello,

I'm a student and I'm trying to create new VirtualBox device, specifically
a network interface. The project requires this NIC to communicate with host
OS
driver.
Though I develop for Windows, my natural willing is to use some kind of
generic
way to interface with the host driver. Most of all I'm interested in
ability
to do IOCtl's. So, I wonder if there is such API in VirtualBox (kind of
IPRT
thing, I guess) ?

Anyway, I'd appreciate any advices or hints.

--Best regards,
  dfl