[vbox-dev] host calling into vm for async I/O?

Huihong Luo huisinro at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 17:13:14 GMT 2008

Sander,

Thanks, I understand it. For each vm system thread that waits for directory change
events, we can launch a host thread.

Another way is not to use the vbox mechanism, instead, using tcp/ip communication between host and vm, but this won't work if networking is disabled. This is how the current windows sharing (samba) are implemented.

Huihong