[vbox-dev] Providing bare VESA driver for Win9x

Alexey Eremenko al4321 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 19:50:28 GMT 2008

hi all !

I have tried to extract the VESA video driver from Scitech
application. Currently Scitech Display Doctor 7 application is both
time-bomb limited, and slow-to-boot.
I got the main driver and INF file. I have modified the INF file to
add VBox Video Chip's PCI ID, so the driver will install into
VirtualBox hardware.

I have added:
%sdd.DeviceDesc%=sdd, PCI\VEN_80EE&DEV_BEEF

to the INF file, installed the driver, but it still doesn't works -
FAILS to load the driver. In short, I'm unsuccessful.

Now a question: Can we try to strip that driver, and make an
installer, that will install only the VESA driver, without the
time-bombed and slow application ?

Since that company (Scitech) doesn't exist anymore, I think it will be legal.

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"