[vbox-dev] How to build virtualbox

Knut St. Osmundsen bird at innotek.de
Wed Jan 23 20:31:09 PST 2008


David wrote:
> ***** Checking for Windows 2003 DDK, build 3790 or later *****
> trying: 
> strPathDDK=C:/VirtualBox-1.5.4_OSE/tools/win.x86/ddkwin2k3/200503 
> blnCheckBuild=Faux
> Testing 'C:/VirtualBox-1.5.4_OSE/tools/win.x86/ddkwin2k3/200503': 
> inc/ddk/wnet/ntdef.h not found
> Testing 'C:/VirtualBox-1.5.4_OSE/tools/win.x86/ddkwin2k3/200503': 
> lib/wnet/i386/int64.lib not found
> trying: strPathDDK=C:/VirtualBox-1.5.4_OSE/tools/win.x86/ddkwin2k3/2004 
> blnCheckBuild=Faux
> Testing 'C:/VirtualBox-1.5.4_OSE/tools/win.x86/ddkwin2k3/2004': 
> inc/ddk/wnet/ntdef.h not found
> Testing 'C:/VirtualBox-1.5.4_OSE/tools/win.x86/ddkwin2k3/2004': 
> lib/wnet/i386/int64.lib not found
> error: Cannot find a suitable Windows 2003 DDK. Check configure.log and 
> the build requirements.
>
> GCC 3.3.1 is not yet installed, but is this the problem ?

No, the problem is the missing Windows 2003 DDK as the above message 
says. You said in your first mail that you have some windows server 2008 
RC1 WDK installed, that isn't going to work. You need the 2003 DDK, 
preferably the SP1 version.

> My goal is to implement SB16 sound card for virtualbox so i can play dos 
> games. I am using Windows Vista as my host OS.

Check the qemu sources, I believe there is a SB16 device emulation in 
there that you could easily modify to work with VirtualBox.

Kind Regards,
  knut




More information about the vbox-dev mailing list