[vbox-dev] VirtualBox SDK/API

Christian Smith Christian.Smith at Sun.COM
Mon Feb 25 14:40:54 GMT 2008

Hi All,

I'm new to VirtualBox and would like to become familiar with the SDK.  I
am using Linux as a host and would like to use the SDK or API to
manipulate virtual machines.  My implementation language is Java so I
was looking at the Mozilla JavaXPCOM bridge.

A couple of questions:

1.  Does anyone have any example code they could show me just to list
the virtual machines?
2.  What is the status of the SDK?
       - It does not seem to be included in the OpenSolaris beta build,
will it be in the future?
       - Is it even working on Linux?
3.  Is there a way of remotely accessing the SDK?  I saw the term
webservice used in some code comments in the trunk but could not find
anything else about it.

Thanks for you help,
Christian