[vbox-dev] vboxvideo does always use 1280x768

Lisa Denia eiffel56 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 02:06:30 GMT 2008

Hello,

I've built VirtualBox from SVN, revision 7024. It works great, but the
vboxvideo module for Linux/X has a little bug.
It does _always_ use 1280x768, regardless of what you define in
xorg.conf. You can later choose another resolution, e.g. with
"gnome-display-properties" from Gnome or even xrandr(I think they are
just the same ;)).
The bug is definitively in the guest additions themselves, if I install
an older guest additions package everything works as expected.

There is also an interesting line in /var/log/Xorg.0.log in the guest:
(EE) VBoxVideo(0): Failed to obtain the last resolution requested by the
guest, rc=-4.

I've tested Ubuntu 7.10 and 8.04 Alpha5 as guests, host is Ubuntu 7.10.

Thank you,
Lisa Denia