[vbox-dev] Host crashing (vbox 7024)

Micha Moffie mmoffie at ece.neu.edu
Wed Feb 20 22:16:11 GMT 2008

Hello Everyone,

I have downloaded the latest vbox sources (7024) and encountered 2
problems:

1.  vrdptext.c does not exist in src/VBox/Additions/WINNT/Graphics/Display/
    and so compilation fails.
    i commented "include $(PATH_SUB_CURRENT)/Graphics/Makefile.kmk"
    in src/VBox/Additions/WINNT/Makefile.kmk and continued ....

2. I am running 2 VM's - which worked fine up to now - but cause
   a crash with the new version.
   More details:
   I. My host (WinXP) crashes. I get a black screen and must to reboot.
      WinXP generates a: "The system has recovered from a serious error",
      I looked at the .dmp file and found the following System Error:
	Error code 1000008e, parameter 1 80000003, etc..
      Vbox log files do not contain any information other than
      command line..
   II. this happens when i run the second vm (both using vboxsdl).
      The first vm will run successfully.
      When the second vm boots winXP crashes.
      This also happens when i change the order of the guests..
      (in other words, the guest doesn't matter the order does)
   III. The two VMs are connected through an internal network (intnet).
   IV. I compiled with DEBUG.

Thanks so much,
:)
Micha.