[vbox-dev] Starting the virtual machine 0%

Dmitry A. Kuminov dmik at innotek.de
Sat Feb 16 10:52:30 GMT 2008

JD wrote:

> I installed VirtualBox-1.5.4_27034_fedora7-1.x86_64.rpm
> on my fedora 7 with amd64 cpu, kernel 2.6.23.14-64.fc7

> I start the machine, and I get the console screen (black) and a small
> progress bar banner pops up saying: Starting the virtual machine  0%
> and it stays there. *Nothing happens afterwards*.
>
> So, I gdb'ed the running processes of vbox, and the file is attached.
> Could someone help me gat past this issue?

1. Can you move this progress bar banner around?
2. Can you still use the main (VM Selector) window while this is
happening? E.g., open the File->Preferences dialog.

Anyway, please try to change the Qt theme (style) to see if that helps.

P.S. When posting the stack trace, it makes sense to do it for all
threads in all relevant processes. Yes, it's a bit of work, but VBox is
multi-threaded.

Dmitry A. Kuminov