[vbox-dev] Hard Drive Statistics

Nate DeSimone desimn at rpi.edu
Wed Feb 13 17:53:09 GMT 2008

Klaus Espenlaub wrote:
> Note that the transfer chunks for disks are usually limited to 64K by
> the disk buffer size. So you won't ever see bigger transfers as the
> guest will limit its transfers to that size.

This is exactly why the time stamp is needed, I want to look at disk
accesses that happen in rapid succession, that is my definition of a
"burst" - a burst of activity.  So I really don't need to log
timestamps, I just need to keep track of when the last access happened
and if is was close enough to be considered part of the burst.  And then
log bursts.