[vbox-dev] Hard Drive Statistics

Nate DeSimone desimn at rpi.edu
Wed Feb 13 04:58:21 GMT 2008

Hello Everyone,

	I'm fairly new to Virtual Box so please bear with me.  I am currently
doing research that requires me to monitor hard disk access for various
software environments.  I noticed that Virtual Box already has a
statistics engine built in, and that statistics are outputted to the end
of the log file.  Is there any way to get more detailed information,
like if the access was a read or a write, and when the access occurred?

	What I would like to do is monitor the size of hard disk access bursts,
separately for both reads and writes.

	Is there functionality in Virtual Box for this more advanced data
gathering, and if not how would I go about adding it?  I have already
downloaded Virtual Box's source code and built myself binaries.

Regards,

Nate DeSimone