[vbox-dev] NAT/slirp issue?

Huihong Luo huisinro at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 19 02:06:51 GMT 2008

Frank,

Yes, you are right. From the vbox.log, I found those "NAT: DNS" lines, it indeed picked the wrong DNS server. It basically pick the DNS from the internal network, rather the interface that can browse internet.

I also verified that IE works from vm is using ip address directly, so it's purely DNS issue.

Perhaps, can perform some kind of checks, and pick the DNS that can resolve internet names?

Thanks,

Huihong