[vbox-dev] DirectX support?

Dmitriy Kazimirov dkazimirow at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 05:11:52 GMT 2008

Hi,VMware Workstation 6.5.0(and .1) arleady support DirectX 9
(and supported (almost unusable) DirectX 8 starting from 4.5)
Parallels Workstation 3.0 on Mac also supports DirectX 9
btw, Parallels in fact supports OpenGL AND used Wine's D3D-to-OpenGL
translator to support DirectX, may be such thing could be done here too?Or
even their patch (provided to wine project) be used directly?
Question is OpenGL support in VirtualBox mature ENOUGH(i.e. OpenGL 2.0,
GLSL,etc) for this?

2008/12/18 Jun Koi <junkoi2004 at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> Could anybody inform us users the current progress of supporting
> DirectX in VirtualBox?
>
> If I am not wrong, VirtualBox has a great chance to be the 1st VM
> solution that supports DirectX?
>
> Cant wait to play D3D games in VB :-)
>
> Thanks,
> Jun