[vbox-dev] Type conversion error while building VBox OSE on Windows

csb sbrandt at gmx.de
Wed Aug 13 11:54:59 GMT 2008

Huihong Luo <huisinro at ...> writes:

> Exactly same errors occured to me, and I had to comment these 2 lines off in
> USBControllerImpl.cpp
>
> BEGIN_COM_MAP(USBDeviceFilter)
> //COM_INTERFACE_ENTRY(ISupportErrorInfo)
> //COM_INTERFACE_ENTRY(IUSBDeviceFilter)
> END_COM_MAP()

Hi!
Can be fixed "easyly" by either

(1)
class ATL_NO_VTABLE USBDeviceFilter : public VirtualBoxBaseNEXT,
        /*COM_INTERFACE_ENTRY(ISupportErrorInfo)*/

commenting the COM interface entry out (only the first one!), or

(2) by including the missing implementation:

class ATL_NO_VTABLE USBDeviceFilter : public VirtualBoxBaseNEXT,
    public VirtualBoxSupportErrorInfoImpl <USBDeviceFilter, IUSBDeviceFilter>,
	public IUSBDeviceFilter

Also documented in
http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=7154&view=previous&sid=24b39cd04e08ae4b5f7760b8c8654e40
and
http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/1621
Bug #1621 was closed ("worksforme"), no idea why.

Still does not work as of VirtualBox-OSE-1.6.4, compiling on Windows XP 32bit
with Visual Studio .Net 2003.
I have no idea why the VBox/OSE team still did not manage to fix this, though is
has been known for months.
Problem was there since at least 1.6.0.

The code is only used when VBOX_WITH_USB is not defined, which is always the
case in the Open Source Edition.