[vbox-dev] Build failure in Mac OS X and Shared Folder bug patch not applied.

Frank Mehnert Frank.Mehnert at Sun.COM
Tue Aug 5 15:12:16 GMT 2008

On Monday 04 August 2008, Gi youl Kim wrote:
> When I tried to build VBox on Mac OS X, I found HostDrivers/VBoxNetFlt
> is missing which is required for darwin build.
> Look at
> http://virtualbox.org/browser/trunk/src/VBox/HostDrivers/Makefile.kmk
>
> Also I found VBox 1.6.4 still contains the shared folder bug.
> Look at http://virtualbox.org/changeset/9880
>
> I submitted the patch and applied to repository. Also I checked the
> bug was fixed with revision 9880. It looks like the released 1.6.4 is
> not built with same source code.
>
> Any comment?

You are right, this patch somehow is missing in the 1.6.4 release.
This patch was now applied and when there is a new release (either
1.6 or 1.7) the patch will be included definitely).

Sorry + kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert    Sun Microsystems    http://www.sun.com/