[vbox-dev] Running Guest Ring 0 Code Natively

Ryan Riley rileyrd at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 20:24:55 GMT 2007

I'm doing a small hack on VirtualBox for a local research project and
was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for what I
want to do.  Basically, before a piece of guest ring 0 code gets
executed, I want to know what addresses may potentially get run.  I
can do this fairly easily by setting pVM->fRawR0Enabled=false and
hacking the recompiler to check each instruction before translating it
(which is what I do now) but for performance reasons I would really
like to scan the code right before execution and let it run natively
if there are no problems.  Does anyone have any thoughts on where I
could get started?

Thanks
Ryan