[vbox-dev] VirtualBox OSE 1.3.99 ond Fedora Core 5

Jean-Jacques Sarton jj.sarton at t-online.de
Mon Mar 26 08:24:04 GMT 2007

Hi,

I had a little problem yesterday while testing.

My window system has no more worked, mouse positioning
but no reaction on buttons.

In order to solve this I have killed X and after entering
again in an X session, VirtualBox told me that the directory
(a soccket) /tmp/.vbox-<user>-ipc/ipcd can't be created/opened.
The reason was in front of the display, start as root but
without it environment (su;...; LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd` ./VBoxSVC)

Starting only VirtualBox (no VBoxSVC) work. without problem
The advantage of starting VBoxSVC is only that we are informed
about a fews events.

------

If the Window system on the  guest system is restarted I get
2 cursors. I had to release the cursor from Vbox and take it
again (klick).

------

The Mouse focus is taken by vbox after the user release the
mouse button. So if I want to press a button I have to
perform 2 klicks. I think that they will be a way for resolving
this:
Do we have the focus ?
- yes no special tasks
- no  look for position, take focus, send event again

------

Jean-Jacques